Saturday 14 April 2012

Introduction

Welcome to this the first entry for “These are Not Guilty Pleasures”

When Dara O’Briain spoke about the concept of Guilty Pleasures in a recent show it got me thinking about all the things I like that are sneered at by others and conversely those things that others like that I sneer at.



Now this is not a forum for argument, so keep your sneering to yourself (this is mainly because the sneering is more common than celebration) – I openly sneer at Waterloo Road, Football, The X-Factor and its derivatives, whilst, at the same time try to protect such things as Del Amitri, Take That, Sugababes and M. Night Sylaman’s The Happening.

Now I will be writing and praising some of the above over the next few entries whilst inviting writers to praise those things that I or others may sneer at.

Remember we’re not judging you… this is a safe space to praise that which is lambasted and harrumphed. So if you have a book that others loathe but you love, a film, a band, a song , a food, anything then get writing. These are things that it may appear uncool to love, but it is time for that to change… or at least time to explain…

No comments:

Post a Comment